INGREDIENTS (4 people)
1 liter chicken broth
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 butternut squash
1 chopped onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
280 g arborio rice
100 ml unsweetened almond milk
30 g ricotta cheese
1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp olive oil
20g toasted and crushed cashew nuts
1. In a pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add the cayenne pepper. Keep warm.
2. In a large pot over medium-high heat, soften the squash, onion and garlic in half of the olive oil portion. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat well. Add the almond milk and reduce until almost dry.
3. Over medium heat, add the broth mixture progressively, stirring frequently until the liquid is completely absorbed before adding more broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 18 to 22 minutes or until the rice is al dente. Add more broth, if needed.
4. Off the heat, add the ricotta cheese. Stir until creamy. Adjust the seasoning.
5. In a skillet over medium-high heat, lightly brown the garlic in a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the risotto topped with the spinach and cashew nuts. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.